Sunday, December 13, 2009

Royal Mess-ups

Speechless. It's a problem that I rarely face, but presently, this problem is overwhelming me. I've been trying to come up with a certain set of words for a few weeks now. A certain set of words that I know are going to hurt someone that I care about. I know that after I compose these words, the pain that they will cause my friend will also hurt me.

I have spent the last few weeks in a war with my conscience. My head is telling me to do one thing, my heart agrees, but the huge serving of guilt that has been settling in my stomach has kept me from doing the right thing.

Since I didn't follow what my head and heart have been telling me to do, which is come clean with the truth, I have "royally messed-up." I don't deserve to call this person my friend, because I didn't treat them like one.

I owe them an explanation a.s.a.p. The words "I'm sorry" never seem to be enough. I love my life, and I try to not make regrets, but if I regret anything it would be the friendships I've lost over the years.

I'm trying to calculate the words. I'm working on it, but until then all I can say is "I'm sorry." Karma is coming to kick me in the butt, if it makes you feel better.

1 comment: